ISO is a global Quality Framework (ISO stands for International Standard Organization) that is often applied to call centres and customer service functions.
ISO standards are designed to provide world-class specifications for products, services and systems, to ensure quality, safety and efficiency.
Because they can be globally applied, they are instrumental in facilitating international trade ensuring the same standards regardless of location.
There are currently over 22,000 ISO standards covering almost every industry, from technology to food safety, agriculture and healthcare.
Thankfully, not all 22,000 apply specifically to call centres and customer experience with the most typical ones that impact CX including:
- ISO9001 Quality Management
- ISO27001 Information Security Management
- ISO 182945 Customer Contact Centres
- ISO 10001 Quality management – Customer satisfaction – Guidelines for codes of conduct for organizations
- ISO 10002 Quality management – Customer satisfaction – Guidelines for complaints handling in organizations
- ISO 10003 Quality management – Customer satisfaction – Guidelines for dispute resolution external to organizations
- ISO 10004 Quality management – Customer satisfaction – Guidelines for monitoring and measuring
The list of consultants below can help you either implement ISO Standards into your business or help conduct an audit against the ISO Framework(s) to determine improvement opportunities.
Whilst not always compulsory, most globally operated businesses and Government agencies will require some form of ISO accreditation. But even if it's not required, the frameworks can still help your business identify opportunities for improvement and help you achieve global best-practice standards.
Search a list of Consultants below