How Live Chat Software is Changing Customer Support
Live chat software (aka live chat technology) is becoming increasingly popular as an enabler in allowing customers to communicate with customer service agents in real-time whilst on your website.
Rather than having to speak with a representative on the phone, visitors on a website can have a live interaction with agents in a chat box within a browser.
Note that live chat involves interactions with real-life customer support representatives, not to be mistaken with chatbot and virtual assistant technology that can automate the transactions.
Benefits of Live Chat Software
Live Chat software can offer a host of benefits for the customer and the business which have resulted in a rapid update of the technology. Benefits include:
- Increased sales
- Quick resolution of simple enquiries
- Cost reductions in providing support including a reduction in calls to your call centre
- Increased customer satisfaction
- You can be pro-active - have a live chat window pop up asking if customers need help whilst on your website
- It can integrate well with your other platforms (e.g. call centre, CRM, ticketing solutions etc)
- Some live chat solutions can also offer automatic translations enabling easier multi-lingual support.
How easy is it to install live chat software?
Super easy! There is no software that customers need to install and for businesses, it's a simple process to add it to your website that can literally be completed in minutes.
There are multiple ways to use live chat software on your website including having there as an option for customers to engage whenever they need help, pro-actively pop up based on triggers like time on page, certain products etc - there really is no shortage of options.
Live Chat Statistics
There is no shortage of statistics about the effectiveness of live chat software with just a sample including:
- 79% of customers prefer live chat because they offer instant responses
- Live chat has the highest consumer satisfaction rate at 92%
- 63% of consumers who used live chat on a website are likely to return to that site
Of course, live chat software isn't always the answer for all your customer service solutions. You can learn more about Live Chat technology, along with chatbots and artificial intelligence on our CX Central website in our Advanced Contact Centre Technology articles.
Other categories you may be interested in: