Activate your at-home call centre workforce!
Whilst there has always been some benefits of using a remote workforce in your call centre, with the sudden development of COVID19 it is now a critical requirement for many businesses to activate a remote workforce to enable employees to be able to continue working so customers can continue to receive support.
The suppliers below provide at-home call centre agent technology (aka remote agent, home agent, work from home technology) that can help you quickly mobilise an at-home workforce.
Remote agent technology is typically based 'in the cloud' which enables call centre agents to log into your call centre queues and all they need is an internet connection (or even a mobile phone) to start taking calls. Of course, there are probably other systems they will need access to (your internal CRM systems, Knowledge Tools etc) which would also require a PC.
The good news though is an at-home call centre agent using remote call centre technology essentially has exactly the same access to all the features as a captive/in-house call centre agent would have including call hold, call and screen recording and even support from a Team Leader using whisper technology.
Benefits of using a remote workforce in your call centre:
If you haven't considered using an at-home call centre workforce previously there are numerous benefits including:
- Increased Flexibility - It's much easier to scale your business with home agents able to log in and out on demand.
- Cost Savings - Reduced IT costs, maintenance fees and of course a reduction in expensive office space.
- Improved productivity - A Stamford University study revealed that call centre employees who work from home were on average, 13% more productive.
- Improved customer experience - It's much easier to offer longer opening hours making it easier for customers to contact you or to quickly access more staff during peak periods to reduce customer wait times.
- Higher staff engagement - Employees who work from home are generally more engaged with higher retention rates/less turnover. And happy agents results in a better customer experience and less recruitment and training costs so everyone wins!
We've also published an article with some tips on Options for Contact Centres in Managing COVID-19 > or read our Guide to Call Centre Work From Home Models >
How to choose the right call centre technology to enable employees to work from home:
There are now plenty of options available that can empower your call centre work from home workforce. Simply scroll through the list below and contact the companies directly or if you'd like some free advice in the best providers for your business, contact us on 03 9008 7287 or send us a message and we'll discuss your requirements and provide you with a no-obligation shortlist of recommended suppliers.
Search a list of at-home, remote call centre technology suppliers: