Call centre shift swapping technology enables agents to swap shifts amongst their peers and build higher engagement, lower sick leave and increased retention levels.
Benefits of shift swapping technology
The premise of call centre shift swap technology is to empower agents to swap shifts with their fellow colleagues that previously may have resulted in unscheduled sick leave.
This is turn helps the contact centre as it is more likely they will have the right number of agents forecasted to meet service levels.
With agents empowered to make their own decisions, engagement levels are typically higher and fewer agents take unscheduled sick leave.
Negatives of call centre shift swapping software
While there are some clear benefits, implementing shift swapping is not without some risk or complications including:
- If agents are constantly swapping shifts it can be hard to schedule coaching, training etc a
- If you have a call centre that uses differently skilled agents you can have situations where there aren't enough of the appropriately skilled agents
- Trying to keep track of all the shift swaps and time worked, paid etc can be time-consuming depending on whether your WFM software is linked to your payroll system
- It can cause tension if there are agents who have the desired shift but aren't willing to swap it.
- There can be times when its hard to find people willing to swap if there is only what's considered the bad shift on offer.
The suppliers below have experience in providing call centre shift swapping technology/software: