New category just launched!
For years, thousands of businesses have been taking advantage of outsourcing their back-office functions to Indian BPOs for good reason;
Massive cost savings!
While there has been a mixed success with the front-office functions like call centres being moved to the countries like the Philippines and India, back-office functions are tailor-made for offshoring enabling you to tap into skilled labour at a fraction of the costs of doing the same function in Australia or New Zealand.
Back-office functions that businesses are successfully offshoring to India include:
- Human resources
- Claims and compensation processing
- Customer administration such as data entry for form approvals
Why you should outsource your back-office functions to India
There are lots of benefits in outsourcing your back-office functions to India including:
- Significant cost savings for the same skilled resources as here in Australia/New Zealand.
- Access to highly skilled resources e.g. you can afford to have CPA qualified accountants, lawyers, degree qualified HR practitioners etc. for a fraction of the on-shore cost.
- Improved efficiencies as the outsourcers are experts in back-office functions and may also be able to introduce further efficiencies with experience in Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and more.
- Scalability as you can ramp up and down resources quickly
You can learn more about outsourcing benefits in general along with expert tips and more on our CX Central website.
How to select the right Indian BPO for back-office functions
There is no shortage of Business Process Outsourcers in India so finding the right fit for your business can be challenging.
Factors you might want to consider in choosing the right Indian BPO for your business include:
- Specialisation - there are already outsourcers with back-office experience in different verticals like finance, insurance, FMCG, Retail etc which can dramatically improve the speed to competency.
- Local knowledge - Many of the BPOs in India already have Australia clients and are familiar will local laws, regulations etc including GST & BAS, Superannuation, Workcover etc).
- Scalability - some providers are happy to provide solutions for one FTE (Full Time Equivalent) and others aren't interested in the smaller volumes (e.g. under 10 FTE) - it's important to get the right fit.
- Reputation - Do you select someone with an established reputation and pay a little more or opt for a new starter hungry for your business?
- Turnover - Even in the more professional roles, it's not uncommon to have high turnover which leads to increased costs in training and recruitment and potentially lower quality.
- Technology - Do they have the latest technology that can help drive further efficiencies? From Optical Character readers and scanners through to Robotic Process Automation there are lots of ways outsourcers can assist in reducing or eliminating headcount.
- Reporting - What type of reporting can you expect? How often?
- Accessibility - Assuming you will be spending some time at the offshore centre, where it's located can have a big influence on your visiting experience. India is a huge country and travelling outside of the main cities can be challenging and time-consuming.
- Commercials - What type of model do they use - per hour, per outcome etc.
- COVID - It would reminisce not to mention COVID at the moment and India is certainly facing challenges. This may be an issue as many centres are not able to open or enable the agents to work from home so make sure you check about their COVID contingencies.
Simply contact the Indian BPOs below that have the specific skills you are searching for (use the search tags to narrow the results) or you may want to consider engaging a consultant that has experience in offshoring as a small investment up-front can save you considerable costs in the future.
Search all Indian Back Office Outsourcing companies:
Refine your search:
Select a search tag below to only show suppliers with that attribute.
Finance & Accounting