There are lots of advantages to outsourcing your front or back-office functions and engaging a specialist outsourcing consultant can help you at the start of your journey or help you optimise an existing arrangement.
Firstly some definitions: Front-office typically refers to activities that involve liaising with a customer like call centres, customer service, live chat, emails etc whereas back-office in non-customer-facing like forms processing, accounts payable etc.
There are lots of benefits for using an outsourcer including:
- Instant expertise - outsourcers are specialists at what they do and can add value to your business and typically do it more efficiently
- Lower costs - because that's all they do, they are efficient and effective and there is also the advantage of using offshore/overseas outsourcers to save even more
- Improved flexibility - you can easily scale up and down to align with seasonal trends etc without having to worry about all the people management issues.
Having said that, shifting some of your workload (and potentially customers) to outsourcers doesn't come without risks.
Engaging a specialist outsourcing consultant can help you with a range of functions including:
- Procurement – formal processes like Request for Tenders (RFT) or Request for Quote (RFQ) preparation or just using their expertise to recommended trusted suppliers.
- Contract– Commercial modelling, setting and reviewing KPIs, performance bonuses, exit clauses, milestones, reporting and more.
- Onboarding – key milestones, training, reporting, scripting, induction programs
- Optimisation – Reviewing targets, processes, reporting and more
- Transition – helping you move your in-house/captive operations to an outsourcer or moving from one outsourcer to another.
If you need some free help identifying the right outsourcing specialist for your business call us for free advice on 03 9008 7287 or send us a message and we'll contact you.
Search Outsourcing Specialists: