Outsourcing back-office work to the Philippines
Thousands of businesses are now taking advantage of outsourcing their back-office functions to Philippines BPOs for good reason.
Massive cost savings!
While there has been a mixed success with the front-office functions like call centres being moved to the Philippines, back-office functions are tailor-made for offshoring enabling you to tap into skilled labour at a fraction of the costs of doing the same function in Australia or New Zealand.
Back-office functions that are easily transitioned offshore include:
- Human resources
- Claims and compensation processing
- Customer administration such as data entry for form approvals
Why you should outsource your back-office functions to the Philippines
Like call centre outsourcing, there are lots of benefits in outsourcing your back-office functions to the Philippines including:
- Significant cost savings (e.g. you can secure a CPA qualified accountant for approx $25,000 AUD per year and general office administration a lot cheaper.
- Access to highly skilled resources e.g. you can afford to have CPA qualified accountants, lawyers, degree qualified HR practitioners etc. for a fraction of the on-shore cost.
- Improved efficiencies as the outsourcers are experts in back-office functions and may also be able to introduce further efficiencies with experience in Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and more.
- Scalability as you can ramp up and down resources quickly
You can learn more about outsourcing benefits in general along with expert tips and more on our CX Central website.
How to select the right Philippines BPO for back-office functions
Like front office outsourcing, choosing the right back-office outsourcer in the Philippines for your business can be challenging.
Factors you might want to consider in choosing the right Philippines BPO for your business include:
- Specialisation - there are already outsourcers with back-office experience in different verticals like finance, insurance, FMCG, Retail etc which can dramatically improve the speed to competency.
- Local knowledge - Many of the BPOs already have Australia clients and are familiar will local laws, regulations etc including GST & BAS, Superannuation, Workcover etc)
- Scalability - some providers are happy to provide solutions for one FTE (Full Time Equivalent) and others aren't interested in the smaller volumes (e.g. under 10 FTE) - it's important to get the right fit.
- Reputation - Do you select someone with an established reputation and pay a little more or opt for a new starter hungry for your business?
- Turnover - Even in the more professional roles, it's not uncommon to have high turnover which leads to increased costs in training and recruitment and potentially lower quality.
- Technology - Do they have the latest technology that can help drive further efficiencies? From Optical Character readers and scanners through to Robotic Process Automation there are lots of ways outsourcers can assist in reducing or eliminating headcount.
- Reporting - What type of reporting can you expect? How often?
- Accessibility - Assuming you will be spending some time at the offshore centre, where it's located can have a big influence on your visiting experience. Traffic in Manila is notoriously bad and travelling 10km can literally take hours.
- Commercials - What type of model do they use - per hour, per outcome etc.
There are also local nuances to consider in the Philippines with different regions like Makati, Ortigas, BGC, Eastwood and more in Manila to different cities and islands including Cebu, Antipolo, Bacolod, Davao and Baguio all offering different pros and cons.
If you'd like to save time, money and stress in finding the right back-office outsourcer in the Philippines we offer a free service that will recommend the right outsourcer based on your specific requirements. Just contact us for a no-obligation discussion.
Or, if you have some experience in call centres, you may want to simply contact the Philippines BPOs below that have the specific skills you are searching for (use the search tags to narrow the results) or you may want to consider engaging a consultant that has experience in offshoring as a small investment upfront can save you considerable costs in the future.
Search all Philippines Back Office Outsourcing companies:
(Just click on a search tag to narrow the results or search for front-office e.g. call centre suppliers in the Philippines)
Refine your search:
Select a search tag below to only show suppliers with that attribute.
Finance & Accounting